The Sales Associate is responsible for supporting Management in in promoting a customer and product-focused sales culture, where our values and guiding principles are at the forefront of all store operations, including ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. We love what we do, and believe that with our teams, we are the most amazing place to work, learn, and grow!
Areas of Responsibility
Drive for Results
- Meets company sales goals by utilizing sales techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions; maintains pricing and visual standards.
- Maintains standards in merchandise handling, presentation, loss prevention, and all other duties as directed by Management.
- Participates in visual directives including monthly store sets and zone maintenance.
- Models and promotes the Most Amazing Personal Service (MAPS) principles and standards, offering a cohesive omni channel experience.
- Ensures prompt resolution of customer concerns.
- Ensures a fast and efficient register experience, remaining current on policies regarding payments, coupon acceptance, returns and exchanges, security practices and other applicable operations.
- Reinforces buying decisions at the checkout and achieves add on goals including gift card sales.
- Signs up clients for reward program.
- Builds and maintains a solid customer following through clienteling and wardrobing.
- Knows current product fit and style assortment offerings in store and on line.
- Maintains consistent client communication through utilization of customer book.
- Supports replenishment activities that keep the store full and abundant.
- Assists with locate fulfillment.
- Assists with visual directives, including floor sets, window changes, visual presentations, signage placement, etc. as directed.
- Assist with boutique cleanliness and organization
Teamwork and Growth
- Promotes an inclusive, collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Seeks personal developmental opportunities and readily solicits feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Retail or sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to learn or adapt to technology provided by the company
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate with customers, Associates, and Management
- Regular attendance is essential to this position to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
How to Apply
Learn more about open positions at Soma and apply here.