Restaurant Shift Manager
Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving deliciously classic burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine, and more. With our fresh, simple, high-quality food at a great value, Shake Shack is a fun and lively community-gathering place unlike any other. As we experience tremendous growth, our leaders are the driving force to our continued growth and success.
We are seeking positive and enthusiastic people who love to serve! We are seeking a Shift Manager to join our team. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a kitchen supervisor, team leader, or manager with at least one year of supervisory or management experience.
Areas of Responsibility
The Shift Manager, a non-exempt management role, oversees the team, the kitchen, and the front of house all in an effort to ensure a great shift in a clean restaurant! The Shift Manager is primarily responsible for completing the following responsibilities:
- Completes Opening & Closing Manager Procedures
- Leads and/or performs the opening procedures and set-up and prepares the Shack to be guest-ready by opening.
- Ensures that the team maintains clean and organized storage areas and follows all receiving procedures.
- Manages the cleanliness of the facility to exceed Department of Health standards while ensuring that it is aesthetically appealing.
- Takes the necessary steps to ensure that all equipment functions properly in order to provide the team with the tools they need to serve our guests to our high standards.
- Follows all cash-out procedures at the end of shift.
- Secures the Shack and ensures the safety and security of the team at all times.
2. Leads, Trains and Develops the Team
- Trains, coaches and guides team members and trainers during the shift – ensuring that all communication, and procedural tools are being used and followed – in a continuous effort to achieve operational excellence, effective communication and uncommon hospitality every day on every shift.
- Manages and cultivates relationships with the team, the guests, and the vendors.
- Manages the team’s appearance and performance.
3. Manages and Drives the Shift
- Manages the shift to ensure the lowest possible wait times and amazing hospitality while driving sales, reducing waste and upholding quality standards.
- Manages shift labor to ensure proper staff utilization, proper employee breaks and overall labor efficiency during the shift.
- Manages and ensures that all cash handling, reconciliation and credit card procedures are followed on the shift to ensure the safe-keeping of our employees and the security of all cash and credit card transactions.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with all Shack standards as well as all local, state and federal safety, health, employment and liquor laws.
Experience the Shacksperience: a clearly defined path to success! We believe that building confidence through knowledge and experience is the first step to your success. We provide an environment that encourages learning and growth, and we reward people who meet and exceed our standards of success. We call this the Shacksperience and we are committed to taking care of our Team Members through the opportunities it creates. You will enjoy competitive pay rates, generous benefits, great bonus programs, and career growth opportunities.
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Education / Experience Requirements
- At least one year of supervisory or management experience
How to Apply
Apply today at shackshack.com/careers