Sales Associate/Design Consultant
The Sales Associate / Design Consultant is responsible for maximizing sales and delivering an exceptional guest experience. In this exciting role, you are creating lasting relationships while assisting clients with the selection, customization, and purchase of merchandise. In this retail sales role, the Design Consultant will have the ability to read each client's need for assistance, and match their requirements to the benefits of the merchandise.
As a Sales Associate / Design Consultant, you will be providing customer service and space planning assistance, as well as maintaining a sales driven focus
Areas of Responsibility
- Meets required monthly sales and productivity standards.
- Demonstrates strong product knowledge (furniture, accessories, fabrics, etc.).
- Maintains a guest book to organize, generate and cultivate business.
- Performs proactive and consistent follow-up with all guests before and after the sale and at delivery.
- Works to improve performance based on feedback provided by store management.
- Promptly solves guest concerns.
- Performs all opening and closing duties as directed
- Accurately performs all systems functions and maintain operational standards
- Works in collaboration with all team members
Education / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma required. College preferred
- Some work experience in a retail environment
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/self-motivated.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed.
To perform this retail sales position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.